Entertainment

Fuming And Just Like That… viewers SLAM unrealistic dating apps

On the seventh episode of And Just Like That…, Carrie returned to dating for the first time since her husband Big’s tragic death.

Fans saw the former technophobe, played by Sarah Jessica Parker, launch herself back onto the field using dating apps — but fans were less than happy with the “unrealistic” portrayal of online dating.

After being signed up by her boyfriend Seema Patel, played by Sarita Choudhury, Carrie swipes through just three profiles before matching up with a fellow widower — in a move criticized by viewers who claimed such success is “unheard of.”

A like: Carrie is then seen in bed contemplating her dating apps.  A lover named Peter, 53, seems to catch her eye, with the fact that he is a widower and teacher listed under his name.  She likes his profile

“This is unheard of!” Fuming And Just Like That…viewers slammed the unrealistic display of ‘horrific and mental’ dating apps after Carrie’s ‘first and only match was decent’

Carrie’s return to the field in the episode came after her publisher read her sad memoir and told the author to give her viewers “a glimmer of hope,” so she asked to contribute to an epilogue on “one date.”

Though initially hesitant, she agrees to self-ban herself and swipe through the app where she “matches” with Jon Tenney’s teacher’s character.

The duo then go on a date, which ends in both throwing up on the street, before agreeing to a second meeting at the end of the episode when she discovers he’s a teacher at Kristin Davis’ character Charlotte’s children’s schools.

The main annoyance for viewers was the lack of realism in Carrie’s immediate success on the oft-criticized dating apps created on Tinder.

Dating in a storm!  On the seventh episode of And Just Like That..., Carrie returned to dating for the first time since her husband Big's tragic death for an evening with teacher Peter.

Dating in a storm! On the seventh episode of And Just Like That…, Carrie returned to dating for the first time since her husband Big’s tragic death for an evening with teacher Peter.

Oops!  After being signed up by her boyfriend Seema Patel, played by Sarita Choudhury, Carrie swipes through just three profiles before matching up with a fellow widower — in a move criticized by viewers who claimed such success is

Oops! After being signed up by her boyfriend Seema Patel, played by Sarita Choudhury, Carrie swipes through just three profiles before matching up with a fellow widower — in a move criticized by viewers who claimed such success is “unheard of.”

Fans flooded Twitter to tweet: “I’m only halfway through the new episode, but if Carrie clicks ‘Like’ once (1 time) on a dating app and pulls a date out of it…

“I’m going to go crazy…I know #ajlt can’t be a real show because Carrie’s first and only match on a dating app ended up being decent?…

‘Unheard of. And where were the fish photos? The hunting photos? The group photos where there is a hot guy, but the profile is for his friend?…

Hmm... Fans flooded Twitter to pin: 'I'm only halfway through the new episode but once Carrie clicks 'Like' on a dating app and pulls a date out of it'

Hmm… Fans flooded Twitter to pin: ‘I’m only halfway through the new episode but once Carrie clicks ‘Like’ on a dating app and pulls a date out of it’

Ooh!  The date didn't quite go according to plan due to the ailing end of the procedure

Ooh! The date didn’t quite go according to plan due to the ailing end of the procedure

“Idk seems suspicious… And before you say ‘she’s in New York! It’s different from the south!” No, that’s not it. Their fish photos have either been replaced by (1) Wolf of Wall Street, (2) Larry David, or (3) hair gel. Just different forms of “my personality is ___.”‘

Another point of concern was logistics, as Carrie was able to swipe past potential candidates and then return to their profiles…

“something that is impossible with most apps, because once a profile is declined, there is usually no going back to it.”

Ending things: At the end of the episode, the duo plans a second date

Ending things: At the end of the episode, the duo plans a second date

That is not true?  Another area of ​​concern was logistics, as Carrie was able to swipe past potential candidates and then return to their profiles

That is not true? Another area of ​​concern was logistics, as Carrie was able to swipe past potential candidates and then return to their profiles

Critics wrote: ‘Wait a minute! On what dating app is Carrie, on #AndJustLikeThat, that she can swipe left and then swipe back to take another look?…

“What the hell is wrong with the app that she can swipe backwards more than once?!…Carrie has to pay for premium dating apps because you can’t just swipe back on the free version #AndJustLikeThat…”

The fact that Carrie was on a “regular” dating site was the next issue as viewers suggested she should be on celebrity dating site Raya rather than a typical app.

Rich lady: The fact that Carrie was on a 'normal' dating site was the next issue as viewers suggested she should be on celebrity dating site Raya instead of a typical app

Rich lady: The fact that Carrie was on a ‘normal’ dating site was the next issue as viewers suggested she should be on celebrity dating site Raya instead of a typical app

They wrote: “I feel like the writers of #AndJustLikeThat need to get out more. Why does Carrie use tinder and not Raya or something….

;We all know that tinder is the hookup app…Women who are so rich need these dating apps? Or they have special ones, because Carrie on Hinge or Bumble is horrific. Looks like tbh to me too.

It wasn’t all criticism though, as one delighted viewer wrote: “carrie bradshaw on dating apps, already iconic #AndJustLikeThat.”

Delight: It wasn't all criticism though, as one delighted viewer wrote: 'carrie bradshaw on dating apps, iconic already #AndJustLikeThat'

Delight: It wasn’t all criticism though, as one delighted viewer wrote: ‘carrie bradshaw on dating apps, iconic already #AndJustLikeThat’

.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button

Adblock Detected

GET MORE DOFOLLOW LINK